If you are already perfect then this site may not be for you, however, if you are among the majority of us who have minor (or major) character flaws then follow along on a journey to become all that you were born to be by recreating your image.
Some of our character traits are part of our core personality evident even in babies. One may be quiet and mellow while another is always trying to let you know what he wants and that he wants it NOW. Other traits are developed by the people around us, by life’s situations, and by what we read and hear.
But any of this can be changed for better or worse. Our responsibility is to continually strive to eliminate the hurtful ones and develop those that will make life better not only for ourselves, but also for those that we may influence. Personal development is YOUR responsibility. Remember that you cannot change others. You can only change yourself and the way that you react to them.
So how do you change? There is not just one method. For most of us it requires at least several ways.
- A great way to begin is to say positive affirmations at least twice a day, upon waking up in the morning and before going to sleep at night.
- Another is to pause for a second or more before reacting to unpleasant circumstances.
- Listening to soothing music is said to calm the savage beast within you.
- Reading self help books daily will help to build a positive outlook in your subconscious.
- Listening to motivational speakers on cd or MP3 while driving not only influences your attitude but can also help you to cope with traffic or a long boring drive.
- Attending events where motivational speakers will help activate your personal development skills.
- Having motivational posters or prints at you workplace where you can periodically focus on them even for just a few seconds.
- Having your favorite quote or scripture on your keychain so you can see it at least several times a day.
- Placing small notecards with motivational words around your home.
- Putting inspirational magnets on your refrigerator as a gentle reminder of how you want to recreate your image.
Remember, the more time and effort that you spend on developing the positive character traits that you want to possess, the sooner your subconscious will be filled with those beliefs until they overtake the negative influences.